Often when I ask a Broker to role play and try to recruit me as an agent, I find the following fundamental challenges in their approach:
- They do not have an agenda.
- They do not ask any (or enough) questions.
- They try to tell me too much, which is overwhelming.
- They focus on price primarily.
- If they discuss value, it is not focused on what I want or how it benefits me.
Let’s tackle the first observation.
Put Prospects at Ease with an Agenda
It is important when meeting someone for an appointment that you create an environment that puts your prospect at ease. An agenda does this. Here is what I recommend the agenda look like:
- About You
- About Us
- Your Value Proposition
- Unanswered Questions
- Mutual Decision
In articulating the agenda I would suggest it sounds like the following: